Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Screen Resolutions

It's been a while since I posted here on my web development blog, now I'm back. I'll try to create a post once or twice a month or more. Okay.. back to business...

Recently I developed a mobile app for a prominent company here at the office, it was my first mobile app experience. I used Sencha Touch 1.1, a Javascript framework that I don't have any knowledge of.

We gain great response from the client, although I had a hard time adjusting to the framework but its worth it.

A problem that I encountered is about the screen resolutions of different devices and make the layout fit in all of those devices and look almost the same. I have compiled a list of screen resolutions that might be useful for you  in developing mobile or even desktop apps.

Mobile and Desktop Screen Resolutions: (as good as the time of post date)

DeviceResolutionOrientation
iPhone 3/3G, iPod Touch320 x 480portrait
iPhone 4/4S640 x 960portrait
iPad768 x 1024portrait
Netbook (common)1024 x 600landscape
Laptop (common)1366 x 768landscape
Desktop (common)1440 x 900landscape
HD1280 x 720landscape
Full HD1920 x 1080landscape

I created a Google Spreadsheet of the same screen resolution table, I will update this spreadsheet by the time I encountered an important screen resolution you need to consider in mobile/web development.


Hope this helps!

have fun!

4 comments:

  1. It was a huge help for me. I really appreciate your wonderful article here. My Scottsdale SEO firm likes this so much! Very helpful most especially to us who likes touch screen phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done guys, quality information.
    tulsa web design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need facebook "Like" for your facebook page ?


    We providing 1000 likes for USD $20 only
    Limited preiod offer.

    Contact ID
    ------------------
    Skype : raju.alam
    -------------------------
    e-mail : mybusinessking@gmail.com

    Skypee : mybusinessking

    Website : http://www.businessking.asia/
    http://fbpagelike.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Responsive designs now allow you to change screen resolution. Now Mobile Website Design becomes successful after responsive designs come in market.

    ReplyDelete